Saturday 11 January 2014

White bean, corn and avocado salad

This recipe has been sitting in my ‘to try out’ folder for quite some time. I have no idea where I found it. My one regret is that it took me so long to give this one a go, as it is so yummy and pretty damn easy. A note about the red wine vinegar: make sure the brand you are using states that it is vegan, as not all are. (Animal products are sometimes used as filters.) I used Biona Red Wine Vinegar which I found at Alive Organics.

What you will need:
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 large avocado, chopped
100g roasted capsicums, chopped (optional)

For the dressing:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp red wine vinegar

Method:
Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
Place the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and add dressing. Toss gently.

Easy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment