Sunday 8 September 2013

Recipe: Creamy Potato Soup

I have really been using my slow cooker, lately, thanks to "The Vegan Slow Cooker" by Kathy Hester. This is another recipe I lifted from her cookbook. This is good on its own or you can use it as a base for other creamy soups, adding broccoli, spinach or carrots.

What you will need:
4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into medium sized cubes.
1 clove garlic (optional)
2 cups water
2 tbsp chicken flavoured vegan bouillon (I use Massel brand, available in supermarkets
1 sprig fresh rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup soy milk ( I use Bonsoy, as it is not sweet. Available in supermarkets)

Method:
Combine potatoes, garlic (if using), water, bouillon, rosemary, salt and pepper in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Add the soy milk. Remove rosemary sprig.
Puree the soup with a hand held immersion blender.
You can serve topped with shredded vegan cheddar cheese, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment