Monday 28 January 2013

Cafe: PAWS falafel bar

Not only do PAWS have a hot food and a raw food section to their cafe, but they now also have a falafel bar. My partner and I went down a few days ago to check it out.

Now, I have had a few falafels in my time but I have to say this one was a cut above the rest.
Here is why:
You get a choice of 3 condiments - spicy salsa, a coriander sauce, and a super creamy garlic sauce. I opted for the last two and my partner had all three in his.
The falafel mix is made from scratch, and it shows.
The vegetable fillings are crisp and fresh - a mix of tomato, black olives, and red and green cabbage. You can pick and choose what you want in yours. We opted for the works, plus the option of having some vegan cheese thrown in too.
The bread is light and tasty, with just enough crustiness to it without being dry.
Oh, and you can rest assured that it is all vegan!
Also, the guy who runs it (Alex) was friendly and you could tell he took pride in his product and service.

The cost of a small falafel wrap is $5, and I think the large was $7-8 .
We found the small was the right size for lunch but if you have a bigger appetite, go for the large.

PAWS is located on the corner of Beaufort and Aberdeen Streets in the city. Open 7 days a week, with Mondays from 11am to 8pm and the rest of the week (Tues-Sun) 11am to 4pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment