Thursday 11 October 2012

Recipe: Saucy Vaishnava Veggies



I can’t remember where I found this recipe, but I gave it a go a few nights ago and am glad I did.  My kitchen smelled divine as it was cooking.  It is also super easy to make!

What you will need:
1 400g can diced tomatoes, with their juices
2 potatoes, chopped small
½  tsp chili powder
2 tsp curry powder
1 ½ tsp cumin
½  tsp turmeric
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 carrot, diced
¾ cup frozen peas
¼ tsp salt

Method:
Combine tomatoes, potatoes, chili powder, curry powder, cumin and turmeric in a large pot.  Cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium high heat.
Add chopped cauliflower, carrot and peas and cook for approx. 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Make sure you stir occasionally and turn heat down if needed.

Season with salt and serve with salad or rice…or both!


1 comment:

  1. Great recipe. I changed it slightly and added some tomatoes to it as I like some gravy in my veggies when eating them with rice.

    ReplyDelete