Monday 15 October 2012

Event: Wet Nose Day, Cat Haven & Dogs' Refuge Home - 28th October 2012





It's back! Wet Nose Day is on a little earlier than last year. At the Cat Haven, there will be fun activities for the kids, raffles, plant and clothing stalls, bric-a-brac for sale, items up for auction, and more.

I will yet again be running the book/dvd/cd stall. Last year, this stall raised the most funds out of all the stalls on the day. There were THOUSANDS of items for sale and I dare say it will be the same this year! I am actually taking a week off work, so I can dedicate some time to sorting and organizing donations for the stall, so expect so method to the madness when you come down and have a look. (ie books, cd's and dvds will be organized into genres, fiction/non-fiction, kids, etc. ) 

This year there will be a sausage sizzle, I am told. Ideally, I would like to see an end to the offering of meat products to raise funds at animal charities. It makes no sense to me to exploit animals to help others. Perhaps that is something Cat Haven can embrace in the near future. In the meantime, I am told there will be food on offer for vegans and vegetarians, which will involve the use of a separate BBQ and equipment. What exactly will be on offer, I don't know, but I will be keen to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment