Tuesday 11 October 2011

Recipe: Michelle's Cauliflower Pasta

My friend Michelle passed this recipe onto me recently. Super easy and rather tasty. It was a hit with my partner and one of my cats - Bandit. Seriously, I have never seen this kitty so keen on 'washing up the dishes' before.

Michelle describes this dish as "looking like a dog's breakfast but tasting fab".   Now, my body can't handle leeks, so I left it out. If you like, you can replace it with a pinch of asafetida instead.

This recipe can be gluten free if you use gluten free pasta. My favourite brand is Orgran.

What you will need:

1 cauliflower
1 leek (optional)
quarter cup lemon juice
2 tbsp tahini
dash or two of tamari sauce
pasta of your choice
quarter cup of vegan cheese, grated (I used Cheezly brand)

Method:

Chop up the cauliflower and leek (if using) into medium sizes florets/pieces and steam in a microwave, so they are just soft but not falling apart.
While that is cooking, grab a big bowl and combine the tahini, tamari and  lemon juice to make a thick paste. Add this to your cauliflower and leek.
Boil the pasta and when done, add to the above. Then add the vegan cheese.
If you like, you can add some herb salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good to me. Give me a day or three and I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete